Are you a member of a running club which you feel deserves some extra recognition? Or perhaps you and your friends have formed your own running group that you’re particularly proud of? Either way, we’d love to hear from you as we look to crown the UK’s Running Club of the Year.
We’re inviting you to nominate your club or running group of choice and put them in with a chance of winning a £500 spending spree at any Decathlon store.
The competition is open to all running clubs, associations or groups regardless of whether you’re an athletics club with many members that regularly compete in races up and down the country, or simply doing a few laps round the local park with your mates.
All you have to do is fill out the short competition entry form below and tell us why your chosen club is worthy of the top prize. Please provide as much information about why you think your nominated club should win.
Once we’ve had a chance to read through all the nominations, we’ll be faced with the unenviable task of narrowing them down to a final shortlist which will be published on our blog the 21st Novemeber 2014. We’ll then outline our reasons for each shortlisted entry before letting the public decide the overall winner.
Nominations are now closed. The shortlisted clubs will be announced 21st Novemeber 2014 on the Decathlon blog.
You can join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #RCOTY14 – we’d love to hear about the activity of your running club and see any photos too. Don’t forget to return to our blog to find out if your club has been shortlisted and also browse our range of running gear.
Terms & Conditions:
• Only one nomination per person
• This competition is only open to clubs based in the UK
• Nominations were accepted until midnight (GMT) on Friday 14th November 2014. Any nominations received after this time will not be eligible, Nominations are now closed
• The shortlisted clubs will be decided by judges from Decathlon UK based on the reasons given in the nomination and any available online information from sources including, but not exclusively their website, social media profiles and other websites mentioning the club
• The clubs that have been shortlisted for the award will be announced on the Decathlon blog 21st Novemeber 2014
• The winning club will be determined by a vote. Votes will be limited to one per person
• The winning club will receive £500 of vouchers to spend at Decathlon in the UK.
• No alternative prize, cash or otherwise, will be offered in exchange for the vouchers. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Decathlon UK reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or higher value. Decathlon UK will not enter into any correspondence
• The names of nominated clubs may be used in future promotional activity
• In the event of a tie for 1st place Decathlon reserves the right to use discretion when distributing the prize.
• The winning club will be notified within 2 weeks of the final competition closing date.
• If Decathlon cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time (to be established at Decathlon’s sole discretion); or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to Decathlon within 14 days of notification that they have won the Prize, Decathlon reserves the right to award the prize to the club with the next highest amount of votes and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.